GENERAL STUDENT HEALTH and WELLNESS
The health and wellness of our students is a high priority here at the Academy. We strive to maintain a healthy environment that promotes learning. All health concerns are taken seriously. Whether that be a food allergy, broken bone, concussion, or paper cut; all students receive undivided attention and care.
The school nurse manages all day-to-day bumps, cuts and aches, administers medications, comforts anxious hearts, conducts vision screenings, collects health forms, and upholds the state compliance requirements and Health Department policies.
All students with a medical condition and those who have any kind of medication on campus are required to have the proper forms on file. These forms can be found below.
What common conditions require me to keep my child home from school*?
- Cough and Cold (severe): Student with discolored nasal discharge AND a severe or persistent cough should not attend school and be evaluated by their healthcare provider.
- Diarrhea: Students may not attend school until he/she is without symptoms for 24 hours.
- Fever (by itself): Students with a fever of 101 F or greater, should not attend school until fever is gone for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Fever (with other symptoms, such as sore throat, ear ache, rash, fatigue, etc.): Student with a fever of 100 F or greater should not attend school until the fever is gone for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Vomiting: Student may not attend school until he/she is able to eat and drink for 24 hours.
*If a student is found to be with any of these conditions while at school, parents or guardians will be notified to make arrangements for students to be picked up in a timely manner.
Additionally, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my child have a fever greater than 101F?
- Will my child be able to actively take part in normal school activities?
- Will my child require more attention or care from the staff then they are able to give?
- Will my child put others at risk of getting sick?
The Eastbrook Academy Nurse is on campus Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.